From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python update question
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:21:26
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I'm just wanting to make certain I don't break my rig. Info first:
6 >>
7 >> root@fireball / # eselect python list
8 >> Available Python interpreters:
9 >> [1] python2.7 *
10 >> [2] python3.1
11 >> [3] python3.2
12 >> root@fireball / #
13 >>
14 >> I ran --depclean and it wants to remove python 3.1. I ran python
15 >> updater and recompiled the needed packages. Since python 2.7 is the
16 >> default python, is it safe to remove python 3.1? As we all know, python
17 >> and portage is really good friends and portage gets real upset when it
18 >> looses its friend. I'd much rather ask this question than have to start
19 >> a thread on how to repair python with a dead portage.
20 >>
21 >> So, safe to remove? I'm thinking it is but just want the comfort of
22 >> taking someone else with me it is breaks. lol
23 >>
24 >> Dale
27 > You should be safe but please do an
28 >
29 > eselect python list --python3
30 >
31 > and make sure you're set to 3.2 before removing 3.1.
32 >
33 > HTH,
34 > Mark
39 Last I heard we are not supposed to set python to 3 anything. Has that
40 changed?
41
42 Dale
43
47 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
48 how you interpreted my words!
49
50 Miss the compile output? Hint:
51 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"