From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Newbie - Missing IPtables
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:04:53
1 On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 07:43:32PM +0100, Tim Igoe wrote:
2 > cd /usr/src/linux
3 >
4 > make menuconfig
5 >
6 > edit the kernel options to set up the iptables parts needed in the
7 > kernel (can't rememebr where they are - not just at my normal box atm)
8
9 In 2.6.11, it is under
10
11 Device Drivers -> Networking Support -> Networking Options
12 -> Network Packet Filtering -> IP: Netfilter configurations
15 > then install the new kernel like you did originally
16 >
17 > emerge iptables to get the user space tools to control the kernel
18 > iptables chains.
19 >
20 > Eldon Ziegler wrote:
21 > > I successfully installed my first gentoo but didn't get iptables. The
22 > > HOWTO says, "As for the kernel all you must do is enable iptable
23 > > support." but not how to do that? Do I have to redo the complete
24 > > install? (about 12 hours).
25 > >
26 > > Thanks
27 > > Eldon Ziegler
30 > --
31 > Tim Igoe
32 > tim@×××××××.uk
33 > http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
34 > http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
35 >
36 > "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"
41 If a man watches three football games in a row,
42 he should be delared legally dead.
43 ~Irma Bombeck
44 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 2 days, 18:31
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list