From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Yikes, what have I done 3 1 seconds beeps on boot
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:21:52
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I've been tinkering around with installing a new hdd for the last 1/2 hr
3 > or so, suddenly on shutdown I hear 3 beeps come from the computer I'm
4 > working on. Attempts to reboot bring 3 1 second beeps now too.
5
6 I think 3 beeps is either your memory or CPU isn't slotted correctly. I
7 can't remember which it is. Try taking out your memory first, and
8 re-slotting it. It probably just got bumped when you were putting in
9 your new HDD.
10 --
11 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list