From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Did I just get hacked???
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 03:43:47
1 On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 18:27 -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > The contents of my /home/grant/vmware folder have suddenly
3 > disappeared. I haven't noticed anything else strange yet. I did
4 > configure and start shorewall for the first time yesterday instead of
5 > using a few iptables commands from the Gentoo Home Router Guide. I'm
6 > also running PenguinTV (a video RSS aggregator with an ebuild in
7 > bugs.gentoo.org) and transmission (a bittorrent client in portage)
8
9 So someone breaks into your box and the only thing they can think of to
10 do is remove your ~/vmware directory?
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list