From: Chris Nolan <lostpkts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Did I just get hacked???
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 04:12:58
1 A long time ago when a LAMP box of mine got hacked.. they installed a
2 program in /tmp/<random characters> that would connect to IRC
3 servers. Basicly they made my box a bot. The way I found it was I
4 saw outgoing IRC connections when I was in netstat looking for
5 something else.
6
7 They got me thorugh and expolit in awstats which I no longer run.
8 The only way I was sure that I got rid of the hack was I wiped and
9 reloaded the machine from scratch.
10
11 Long of it is.. check for odd processes as well.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list