From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Handbook(amd64)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:49:34
1 Corbin <corbinbird <at> charter.net> writes:
5 > > In the Kernel section of the amd64-handbook::
6 > >
7 > > "root #nano -w /etc/fstab
8 > > FILE /etc/fstabConfiguring the /boot mountpoint
9 > > /dev/sda2 /boot ext2 defaults 0 2 "
10 > >
11 > > <then this note>
12
13 Ah, thx, I did find this which matches up with the default guidanced in the
14 setting up the disk secition::
15
16 /etc/fstabA full /etc/fstab example
17
18 /dev/sda2 /boot ext2 defaults,noatime 0 2
19 /dev/sda3 none swap sw 0 0
20 /dev/sda4 / ext4 noatime 0 1
21 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user 0 0
24 But, I guess I was not clear in proposing this as a bug. There should be a
25 clickable link to jump ahead to that section (just above that you
26 mentioned). But even more problematic the minimal_CD leaves the fresh
27 install with what I listed below::
31 > > Now finishing up the manual installation I have this default /etc/fstab::
32 > >
33 > > /dev/BOOT /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 2
34 > > /dev/ROOT / ext3 noatime 0 1
35 > > /dev/SWAP none swap sw 0 0
36 > > /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,ro 0 0
37 > > /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto 0 0
38 > >
39 > > which seems vintage. So a bug probable needs to be file on the
40 > > handbook, but a bit of discussion might be wise, first.
41
42 I guess I was just expecting the minimal CD to match the handbook. So is
43 that a bug? Is the missing link between the boot portion of the fstab
44 and the full fstab example a bug too? An enhancement
45
46 (yes, I did not see the full fstab in the subsequent section so thanks for
47 point that out.
48
49 Comments on if either if these are a bug?
52 James