From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My PC died. What should I try?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:18:50
1 Volker Armin Hemmann writes:
2
3 > sounds like a power problem.
4 >
5 > Either psu is gone bad (get a new one)
6
7 Well, I got three old ones instead :)
8
9 > or your mainboard's power circuitry gone bad (if replacement of psu does not
10 > help, get a new one).
11
12 It did not help :( Too bad, I probably need a new mainboard. And I
13 cannot get one before monday evening, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow
14 (not mine) and I doubt I will have time to find a hardware store there.
15
16 > But first thing first: disconnect your hdds! No reason to risk them.
17
18 I did that soon. I already had trouble with one two weeks ago, it had
19 bad blocks on the home partition. The replacement drive also had bad
20 blocks, I had to get yet another one. It's a good thing to have recent
21 backups :)
22
23 And there, it just crashed while in the BIOS setup.
24
25 Wonko