From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] URGENT: Dead Keyboard after emerge --update world --deep
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:55:49
1 dhk writes:
2
3 > Marco wrote:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > >
6 > > after emerge --sync && emerge --update world --deep my keyboard (in X)
7 > > does not work anymore. Since I am switching to slim after boot, I
8 > > cannot even change to a console with Ctrl-Alt-F1. I guess something
9 > > went wrong with the Xorg-update.
10
11 Alt-SysRq-R, then Ctrl-Alt-F1 will work again. Once, at least.
14 > Also, there use to be a command that would build an xorg.conf.new file
15 > in the root's home directory. It was call xconfig or something like
16 > that; I can't seem to find it anymore. Has it been deprecated?
17
18 X -configure, then test with X -config /root/xorg.conf.new
19
20 Doesn't work well for me though, I always get segfaults from X.
21
22 Wonko