From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:05:55
1 > really? once upon a time I was told mounting / ro and /usr rw was a GOOD THING
2 > to do. I ignored that the same way I ignore it the other way round. With bind
3 > mounting and stuff, you can make single directories rw.. so what is the matter?
4
5 Ignorance is bliss, so good for you.
6
7 Only as root and if RBAC/SELINUX doesn't stop you. It's an extra quite
8 formidable layer. It is a good thing for many reasons and even a
9 requirement on some embedded systems. The kernel can also inform you of
10 any remounts making monitoring far simpler, easier and so powerful and
11 more efficient.
15
16 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
17 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
18 universal interface'
19
20 (Doug McIlroy)