From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Pair Programming & Non-Routable IP Address
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:48:04
1 Hi all,
2
3 I would like to do remote pair programming with somebody on a
4 non-Linux box. It seems that NoMachine NX or TightVNC would allow me
5 to do so. Great.
6
7 My problem is that I don't have a routable IP address. My ISP gives me
8 a 192.x.x.x IP which is sort of nice because the bad guys can't see me
9 ... but neither can the good guys. :-) (On top of that I have my own
10 network with NAT set up so I can share my Internet connection among my
11 various machines.)
12
13 I do have root access to a (Debian) server with a static IP with a
14 hosting company. So now I'm wondering if I can somehow take advantage
15 of that static IP address. How would I do that? What would I need to
16 set up on that server to allow my partner to reach my box?
17
18 Cheers,
19 Hilco