From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT?} which fs on 1.8TB partition
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 09:28:19
1 On 10/6/2017, 2:12:00 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I had a large partition with reiserfs.
3 > Running fsck always failed due to running out of memory.
4 >
5 > Partition was quite a bit larger than 2TB (around 6TB) and contained
6 > a huge (millions) amount of files, > but having an fsck become
7 > impossible with 16GB memory available was rather annoying.
8
9 Ah, yes, I had a similar problem occasionally when a user would decide
10 to delete (or move to a different folder) a bunch (as many as tens of
11 thousands) of messages at once... Thunderbird would go non responsive,
12 and the server was brought to its knees. I'd have to kill their server
13 processes, and then the user would end up with a bunch of duplicate
14 messages in their maildirs.
15
16 Very annoying.