From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to restart the network, no net.enp1s0
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:38:28
1 I guess openrc has fallen out of favor ...
4 On 1/16/22 19:06, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 1:50 AM n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
6 >> Hello all,
7 >>
8 >> my system runs fine, but when I want to restart my network, I find
9 >> there's no /etc/init.d/net.enp1s0 link or other interesting candidate.
10 >> Do something change here?
11 >>
12 >> What do I need to do to restart my network?
15 > Obviously the answers depends completely on how you are managing
16 > services and what executables you have on your highly customizable
17 > Gentoo machine, but possibly:
18 >
19 > sudo service network-manager restart
20 >
21 > sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service
22 >
23 > sudo nmcli networking off && sudo nmcli networking on
24 >
25 > sudo ifdown -a && sudo ifup -a
26 >
27 > If you are using systemctl then
28 >
29 > sudo systemctl status
30 >
31 > is a good place to start, along with
32 >
33 > nmcli
34 >
35 > HTH,