From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I use containers?
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 01:04:51
1 On 19/05/19 00:49, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > I believe the reason the wiki says to be careful with mounts has more
3 > to do with UID/GID mapping. As you are using nfs this is already an
4 > issue you're probably dealing with. You're probably aware that
5 > running nfs with multiple hosts with unsynchronized passwd/group files
6 > can be tricky, because linux (and unix in general) works with
7 > UIDs/GIDs, and not really directly with names, so if you're doing
8 > something with one UID on one host and with a different UID on another
9 > host you might get unexpected permissions behavior.
10
11 Not that I do it (it would be a bit of a learning experience :-) but
12 this is where using ldap for user management would score ...
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol