From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beagle eating up Resources!! (BEagled-index-helper)
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:25:47
1 I am perturbed that beagle has grabbed 99% of CPU time. If I kill it,
2 within 5 seconds another process is spawned, again grabbing 99%. I
3 don't even USE beagle. Is it possible to unmerge it without affecting
4 other programs?
5
6 If I understand correctly, I have found the following to be quite good
7 for indexing and rapid searching of defined directories:
8
9 app-misc/glimpse
10
11 As an added bonus, together with glimpse comes "agrep" or "almost
12 grep" that can search like grep with a specified number of spelling
13 errors.
14
15 I will unmerge beagle just to see what will happen.
16
17 Alan
18