From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beagle eating up Resources!! (BEagled-index-helper)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:18:04
1 Hello Albert,
2
3 Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o> writes:
4
5 > A good solution would be a tool that actually indexes files
6 > in the background, and perhaps automatically when a file is
7 > changed/added/removed. And not just text in files but also other kinds
8 > of metadata. And when I click that file/data/whatever it would be cool
9 > if it automagically opened the appropriate viewer and took me to the
10 > exact location of what I am searching for. Pretty much a one-stop shop
11 > for searching my stuff.
12
13 pinot (http://directory.fsf.org/pinot.html) may do what you want. It
14 is not in portage but most of its dependencies are.
15
16 Roger
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list