From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless interface problem in new installation
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:30:10
1 On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Alexander Kapshuk
2 <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 6:58 PM, behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On Nov 17, 2014 7:32 PM, "Alexander Kapshuk" <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
6 >> wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM, behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
9 >>> wrote:
10 >>> >
11 >>> >>
12 >>> >>
13 >>> >> Hm, does wireless device require firmware? Have you installed firmware
14 >>> >> properly?
15 >>> >
16 >>> >
17 >>> > I dont think so. I have installed gentoo on it before and back then I
18 >>> > just
19 >>> > used the genkernel and it was working.
20 >>>
21 >>> What's the output of 'lspci -k'?
22 >>>
23 >>
24 >> It shows the device which is a atheros ar9285
25 >> But doesnt show any kernel driver in use for it.
26 >> So that is because the driver is not compiled?
27 >
28 > I dare say the kernel driver may not have been compiled into the
29 > kernel, or compiled as a kernel module.
30 > What's the output of 'cd /usr/src/linux && grep -i ath .config'?
31
32 The driver that supports your wireless card is ath9k by the looks of it.
33 You want to make sure CONFIG_ATH9K is either set to Y, or M in your
34 .config file.