From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless interface problem in new installation
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:16:13
1 On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 6:58 PM, behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Nov 17, 2014 7:32 PM, "Alexander Kapshuk" <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 >>
6 >> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM, behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
7 >> wrote:
8 >> >
9 >> >>
10 >> >>
11 >> >> Hm, does wireless device require firmware? Have you installed firmware
12 >> >> properly?
13 >> >
14 >> >
15 >> > I dont think so. I have installed gentoo on it before and back then I
16 >> > just
17 >> > used the genkernel and it was working.
18 >>
19 >> What's the output of 'lspci -k'?
22 > It shows the device which is a atheros ar9285
23 > But doesnt show any kernel driver in use for it.
24 > So that is because the driver is not compiled?
25
26 I dare say the kernel driver may not have been compiled into the
27 kernel, or compiled as a kernel module.
28 What's the output of 'cd /usr/src/linux && grep -i ath .config'?