From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless interface problem in new installation
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:36:20
1 On Nov 17, 2014 8:46 PM, "Alexander Kapshuk" <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 6:58 PM, behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
5 wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On Nov 17, 2014 7:32 PM, "Alexander Kapshuk" <
8 alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
9 > > wrote:
10 > >>
11 > >> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM, behrouz khosravi <
12 bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
13 > >> wrote:
14 > >> >
15 > >> >>
16 > >> >>
17 > >> >> Hm, does wireless device require firmware? Have you installed
18 firmware
19 > >> >> properly?
20 > >> >
21 > >> >
22 > >> > I dont think so. I have installed gentoo on it before and back then I
23 > >> > just
24 > >> > used the genkernel and it was working.
25 > >>
26 > >> What's the output of 'lspci -k'?
27 > >>
28 > >
29 > > It shows the device which is a atheros ar9285
30 > > But doesnt show any kernel driver in use for it.
31 > > So that is because the driver is not compiled?
32 >
33 > I dare say the kernel driver may not have been compiled into the
34 > kernel, or compiled as a kernel module.
35 > What's the output of 'cd /usr/src/linux && grep -i ath .config'?
38 Well I looked and the relevant module was not compiled.
39 I have changed the config so I cant answer your question unfortunately !
40 I hope new kernel will fix it.
41 But I have used the previous config in kernel about 2 month ago. I cant
42 believe I have not used the wireless that time!