From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] octave won't run
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 15:26:21
1 Sounds like a ebuild dependency bug, or possibly a bad mix of stable and
2 non-stable packages that haven't been sussed out fully.
3
4 Not a good long-term solution, especially if you're forgetful like me, but
5 as a test you might try creating a symlink for libapack.so.0 pointing to
6 libapack.so.3 and see if octave runs.
7
8 Best to remove that more or less right away but it might get you through a
9 test period waiting for the ebuild to get fixed.
10
11 - Mark
12