From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to set up wireless lan - followed documentation
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 06:14:45
1 On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 06:25:13 +0100, Stroller
2 <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > On 14 Nov 2009, at 17:55, Nelis Botha wrote:
6 >> ...
7 >> I need some help. I am trying to set up my wireless lan on gentoo. I
8 >> have recompiled kernel. Every attempt at configuring /etc/conf.d/net
9 >> end in faed to configure wireless for wlan0 i have folowed the advice
10 >> given when it fails and give info/advice to resolve but nothing has
11 >> worked thus far. My question then is : what should the /etc/conf.d/net
12 >> look like if I want to connect to dhcp enabled adsl router that does
13 >> not need authenticating ?
16 > Hi there,
17 >
18 > Could you start by telling us which make & model of wireless card you're
19 > using, please?
20 >
21 > Do you have the right drivers compiled into the kernel for it, or as
22 > modules?
23 >
24 > Please post the output of `lspci` / `lsusb` as appropriate, of `lsmod`
25 > and `iwconfig`.
26 >
27 > Stroller.
30 Also, did you try setting up wpa_supplicant or with wireless-tools?
33 Zeerak