From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to set up wireless lan - followed documentation
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 06:12:09
1 On 14 Nov 2009, at 17:55, Nelis Botha wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I need some help. I am trying to set up my wireless lan on gentoo. I
4 > have recompiled kernel. Every attempt at configuring /etc/conf.d/net
5 > end in faed to configure wireless for wlan0 i have folowed the advice
6 > given when it fails and give info/advice to resolve but nothing has
7 > worked thus far. My question then is : what should the /etc/conf.d/net
8 > look like if I want to connect to dhcp enabled adsl router that does
9 > not need authenticating ?
12 Hi there,
13
14 Could you start by telling us which make & model of wireless card
15 you're using, please?
16
17 Do you have the right drivers compiled into the kernel for it, or as
18 modules?
19
20 Please post the output of `lspci` / `lsusb` as appropriate, of `lsmod`
21 and `iwconfig`.
22
23 Stroller.