From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:06:48
1 > The only last thing I could suggest is running lsof to see what files
2 > are being accessed when you start the net.eth1 script.
3
4 I tried lsof, but is there a possibility to run it constantly or for a
5 specified time to catch the complete progress of the script, like the
6 top command to monitor all files which are used by this process. As
7 far as i can see lsof list only the current processes and the files
8 used and then it stops.
9
10 > a better option would be `emerge --noconfmem <package>`, which
11 > esentially re-does all your conf files.
12
13 I tried this also but i can't figure out which files could be
14 responsible for this
17 Additionally i tried this, running the init-script and then i applied
18 this find command
19
20 find / -mount -cmin -1
21
22 which lists all the files which status has changed the last minute,
23 but there are no files which could be the reason for the changing if
24 the tables.
25 I don't know if this command does what i want. I think it lists the
26 files which are altered and which are accessed. Am i right here?
27
28 I used this find command for reinstalling shorewall and setting back
29 the old settings too but without success.
30
31 This gets a bit frustrating for me now i always have to reset my
32 iptables manually after i start my internet connection. Is it possible
33 that there is no real file causing this trouble?
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list