From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Selecting a Linux compatible mobo for FX8350
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:57:28
1 On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Jens Reinemuth <jens@×××××××××.info> wrote:
3 >> Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 10:07:42 schrieb Nilesh Govindrajan:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> I'm searching for a mobo which is fully compatible with Linux and
7 >>> supports AMD FX 8350.
8 >>> Preferably, I'm looking for one with onboard GFX, since I don't have
9 >>> any need for a big GFX for now.
10 >>>
11 >>> Any pointers?
12 >>
13 >> Hi Nilesh...
14 >>
15 >> i just recently upgraded to an AMD8350-Bundle with the Gigabyte 78LMT-
16 >> USB3 Mainboard... There were 16GB of RAM included in the bundle, not the
17 >> highend-type, but as i simply wanted to have enough ressources to develop
18 >> and do other things in backgroud, that one perfectly meets my requirements.
19 >>
20 >> There is some AMD-Chipset onboard, but as i had an older NVidia Card, im
21 >> using this currently, without any problems.
22 >>
23 >> I really don't think there should ba any issues with mainboards that are
24 >> "incompatible" to linux... USB3 works, SATA works, ... What else should work?
25 >>
26 >> regards,
27 >>
28 >> Jens
31 >> --
32 >> jens reinemuth
33 >> leonhard-eckel-siedlung 4
34 >> d-67483 edesheim
35 >> mobil: +49.(0)176.63613420
36 >> mail: jens@×××××××××.info
37 >> jabber: jens@××××××××××××××××.info
38 >> --
42 > I researched on various motherboard with the 9-series chipset.
43 > Everything seems to work properly on Linux. So that is ruled out.
44 > What I'm now looking for is, a motherboard with on-board GFX since a
45 > discrete GFX is going out of budget for me now.
46 >
47 > --
48 > Nilesh Govindrajan
49 > http://nileshgr.com
50
51 I just saw the specifications of GA-78LMT-USB3. It has integrated ATI
52 Radeon HD 3000 and search results reveal that it works in Ubuntu (so
53 it should in Gentoo as well).
54 Thanks a lot man.
57 Nilesh Govindrajan
58 http://nileshgr.com