From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Selecting a Linux compatible mobo for FX8350
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:47:55
1 On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Jens Reinemuth <jens@×××××××××.info> wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 10:07:42 schrieb Nilesh Govindrajan:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I'm searching for a mobo which is fully compatible with Linux and
6 >> supports AMD FX 8350.
7 >> Preferably, I'm looking for one with onboard GFX, since I don't have
8 >> any need for a big GFX for now.
9 >>
10 >> Any pointers?
11 >
12 > Hi Nilesh...
13 >
14 > i just recently upgraded to an AMD8350-Bundle with the Gigabyte 78LMT-
15 > USB3 Mainboard... There were 16GB of RAM included in the bundle, not the
16 > highend-type, but as i simply wanted to have enough ressources to develop
17 > and do other things in backgroud, that one perfectly meets my requirements.
18 >
19 > There is some AMD-Chipset onboard, but as i had an older NVidia Card, im
20 > using this currently, without any problems.
21 >
22 > I really don't think there should ba any issues with mainboards that are
23 > "incompatible" to linux... USB3 works, SATA works, ... What else should work?
24 >
25 > regards,
26 >
27 > Jens
30 > --
31 > jens reinemuth
32 > leonhard-eckel-siedlung 4
33 > d-67483 edesheim
34 > mobil: +49.(0)176.63613420
35 > mail: jens@×××××××××.info
36 > jabber: jens@××××××××××××××××.info
37 > --
41 I researched on various motherboard with the 9-series chipset.
42 Everything seems to work properly on Linux. So that is ruled out.
43 What I'm now looking for is, a motherboard with on-board GFX since a
44 discrete GFX is going out of budget for me now.
47 Nilesh Govindrajan
48 http://nileshgr.com