From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] q: how to make gentoo site sync for greek users
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:04:47
1 On Friday 18 January 2008, Δημήτριος Ροπόκης wrote:
2 > plan to make a site sync to gentoo, but with easy download greek
3 > translations,
4 > my "problem" is I want to make it like gentoo.org,
5 > Greek users do not participate easy in open source,
6 > I am not programmer, but I can make linux work in most pc's,
7 > so now I am looking for a way to make an Greek Gentoo installer,
8 > I think if I manage the site in next 2 months, I can start sync portage by
9 > March,
10 > and in summer I maybe have done the basic job,
11 > by then I hope people to help,
12 > of course all this I want to be add to gentoo,
13 > not a fork, or another one distro around,
14 > my problem is the how to start,
15 > any opinions pls welcome.
16
17 I am not sure what you mean by a Greek Gentoo installer. Do you mean you want
18 to translate the installation handbook? Do you mean you want to add Greek
19 language to the GUI installer? Anyway, there is/was a Greek language mailing
20 list for translations of the Gentoo documentation and GWN into Greek.
21 Perhaps you want to subscribe to it and ask relevant questions there? To do
22 so send an empty message to gentoo-doc-el-subscribe@g.o. Someone may
23 have already done what you are after.
24
25 If you want to chat online go to irc.freenode.org in the channel #gentoo-el
26
27 Hope this helps.
28 --
29 Regards,