From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + NetworkManager Applet + Modem ZTE MF180
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:11:37
1 On 17 December 2010 10:54, Gary Golden <mail@××××××××××.me> wrote:
2
3 > Try option kernel driver.
4 > Can you see it with lsusb?
5 > Is there any /dev/ttyUSB* ?
6 >
7 > ---
8 >
9 > Gary Golden
10 >
11 > On 12/14/2010 11:03 PM, Carlos Sura wrote:
12 > > Hello mates,
13 > >
14 > > I'm on a Gentoo Box (my laptop) and I have a usb modem (ZTE MF180), but
15 > > it just don't work with my Gentoo Box, I've been searching in Google and
16 > > I found this: http://christian.amsuess.com/tutorials/zte_mf180/
17 > >
18 > > I tried, but, I ejected my cdrom and even my usb modem (eject /dev/sr1)
19 > > and none of this worked for me.
20 > >
21 > > Does anyone have this Modem working on Gentoo Linux? if so, please let
22 > > me know how!
23 > >
24 > > However, I tried this modem with a livecd (Fedora) and it worked with
25 > > the networkmanager, easy as pie!!... Is there any way to get that config
26 > > (or drivers) to make it work in my gentoo box?
27 > >
28 > > Regards,
29 > > Carlos Sura.
30 > >
31 > > --
32 > > Carlos Sura.-
36 Hello Gary Golden,
37
38 Thank you for answer me.
39
40 Yes I can see it with: *lusb *and no there is nothing in* /dev/ttyUSB**
41 *
42 *
43 The link above explains how to make it works, but I've been following those
44 instructions and isn't working for me. Do I need to install *usbswitchmode*?
45 by the way: Is there anyway to know what drivers and configuration is using
46 Fedora 14, to make it easier and just take it from Fedora 14 and use it in
47 my Gentoo ?
48
49 Regards,
52 Carlos Sura.-