From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hald won't start
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:39:45
1 On Tuesday 17 July 2007 10:52, Alessandro del Gallo wrote:
2 > moving it to /tmp and restart hald,
3 > becouse the error I got when launching
4 > # hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes
5 > is "Unhandled Rule (0)"
6 > so deleting the rules (delete de rule, start hald, if it doesn't
7 > works put the rule back , and move another) from etc/udev/rules.d
8 > I debugged the problem, the bad rule was owned by gphoto2
9
10 The thing is I do not get any errors in /var/log/messages and I do not have
11 gphoto2 (I do not have gnome on this box).
12
13 An interesting thing, when I emerge hal it is installed and started alright.
14 If I try to restart it (or during boot) it fails. No error messages other
15 than [!!]. I am totally in the dark with this.
16
17 > sorry for my bad english
18
19 No problemo!