From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub won't boot SATA WinXP disk
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:30:32
2 > > As I recall I completey destroyed the boot
3 > partition
4 > > on a brand new HD while fumbling with GRUB. But it
5 > was
6 > > still under warranty "Whew!"
7 >
8 > Using the fixmbr command from a WinXP installation
9 > CD would restore
10 > it.
11
12 Not this time! Even the diagnostic floppy from the
13 Maxtor site proved the drive was toast. Probably a
14 coinkydink; it's hard to imagine GRUB physically
15 damaging a drive. That's why I covered my butt by
16 saying "while fumbling" instead of "_by_ fumbling" :^D
17
19 Do You Yahoo!?
20 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
21 http://mail.yahoo.com
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list