From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is kde really buggy or it is me?!
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:15:25
1 On Saturday, September 20, 2014 09:47:51 PM Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 18/09/14 16:15, behrouz khosravi wrote:
3 > > Hi.
4 > > I have just installed the kde desktop. I like the overall experience but
5 > > its kind of buggy. For example the last problem that I had, system
6 > > setting was not responding till the next reboot.
7 > > I have not used kde before so, I was wondering that is buggy or I have
8 > > configured something wrong?
9 >
10 > Nope. It is pretty buggy. I've been using KDE since forever. After the
11 > switch from KDE3 to KDE4, there have been bugs and glitches in many
12 > places. When they get fixed, they've already been replaced by new bugs
13 > and glitches. I don't think there's every been an actually stable KDE4
14 > release in the project's history.
15 >
16 > I got used to it though. When the bugs become part of your daily
17 > routine, you stop viewing them as bugs.
18
19 I actually don't see any issues with KDE4. It currently is more stable then
20 KDE3 ever was.
23 Joost