From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problem with Fetchmail
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 00:34:04
1 200303 Jack wrote:
2 > On 2020.03.03 02:54, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> However, my ISP is now sending me an e-mail every 5 min ,
4 >> after Fetchmail checks for mail :
5 >>
6 >> From: "(Cron Daemon)" <purslow@***>
7 >> To: purslow@***
8 >> Subject: Cron <purslow@localhost> test -e /var/run/dhcpcd.pid &&
9 >> /usr/bin/fetchmail -s 2> /dev/null
10 >> fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
11 > Are you sure the message is coming from your ISP
12 > and not locally generated, perhaps by cron ?
13
14 Thanks, you're correct. 'man fetchmail' under 'EXIT CODES' says
15
16 2 An error was encountered when attempting to open a socket
17 to retrieve mail. If you don't know what a socket is,
18 don't worry about it -- just treat this as an 'unrecoverable error'.
19 This error can also be because a protocol fetchmail wants to use
20 is not listed in /etc/services.
21
22 It looks like that latter, but 'services' has > 1100 lines .
23 '.fetchmailrc' uses 'sslproto', but otherwise I don't know what it wants.
24
25 The simple solution is to have Procmail treat these msgs as spam,
26 but it wb nice to know just what service it's failing to find.
27
28 Any suggestions ?
32 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
33 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
34 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca