From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excellent Paludis interview
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 02:48:29
1 On Thursday 20 December 2007 02:46:20 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > > And the recent addition of the option '--continue-on-failure' won me
3 > > over all over again. :)
4 >
5 > I've been wondering for a long time why portage doesn't continue with
6 > building other packages when one fails - so long as deps are met why
7 > stop?
8
9 Because the current resolver in Portage isn't powerfull enough to know if the
10 deps are met.
11
12 > Acutally, while I'm on the subject of features - here's another one I'd
13 > like to see:  parallel merges instead of parallel makes.
14
15 It's planned (both for Portage and Paludis). For Portage there's even a bug
16 with a patch which isn't considered suitable for inclusion in Portage.
19 Bo Andresen