From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excellent Paludis interview
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:53:22
1 On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 22:42 +0100, Zsitvai János wrote:
2
3 > And the recent addition of the option '--continue-on-failure' won me
4 > over all over again. :)
5
6 I've been wondering for a long time why portage doesn't continue with
7 building other packages when one fails - so long as deps are met why
8 stop?
9
10 Acutally, while I'm on the subject of features - here's another one I'd
11 like to see: parallel merges instead of parallel makes. Since many
12 packages have problems with MAKEOPTS, it doesn't help with configure
13 scripts anyway and other parts of the process, why not spawn 2 or 3
14 emerges automatically? Each one could do it's own "tree" of packages
15 and dependencies that don't affect the other... would be nice IMHO.
16
17 cya,
21 People think love is an emotion. Love is good sense.
22 -- Ken Kesey
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list