From: zsitvaij@gmail.com (Zsitvai =?utf-8?Q?J=C3=A1nos?=)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excellent Paludis interview
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:48:27
1 "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com> writes:
2 > I'd like to try Paludis, looks very promising.
3 > I think I've read that Portage and Paludis can coexist happily. Can
4 > someone confirm it? It would be useful for a transition.
5
6 It works just fine. :) Later versions have the ability to use portage
7 configuration files directly, but that makes you lose some advantages,
8 like per-repository masking or unmasking of packages. I use a small
9 script to keep portage and paludis config files in sync, so I can use
10 whichever I want.
11
12 The thing I like about it most is how it keeps overlays separate, so
13 they don't override eclasses globally, or that you can even specify
14 'underlays' that are only used if neither the official portage nor any
15 other overlays carry a specific package.
16
17 And the recent addition of the option '--continue-on-failure' won me
18 over all over again. :)
19
20 János Zsitvai
21 --