From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] finding qt plugins?
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:25:03
1 On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Paul
2 Hartman<paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Roy Wright<roy@××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> Howdy,
5 >>
6 >> On ~x86 did the upgrade to qt 4.5.2 and get the following message:
7 >>
8 >> "After a rebuild or upgrade of Qt, it can happen that Qt plugins (such as Qt
9 >> and KDE styles and widgets) can no longer be loaded. In this situation you
10 >> should recompile the packages providing these plugins...
11 >>
12 >> "Packages that typically need to be recompiled are kdelibs from KDE4, any
13 >> additional KDE4/Qt4 styles, qscintilla and PyQt4..."
14 >>
15 >> Then followed the link on the plugins which stated:
16 >>
17 >> "The Qt library and all plugins are built using a build key. The build key
18 >> in the Qt library is examined against the build key in the plugin, and if
19 >> they match, the plugin is loaded. If the build keys do not match, then the
20 >> Qt library refuses to load the plugin."
21 >>
22 >> So how do I find all the installed qt plugins on my system and check their
23 >> build keys?
24 >
25 > From a couple minutes of poking around:
26 >
27 > strings /usr/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so | grep Build.key
28 >
29 > strings some-other-file | grep buildkey
30 >
31 > Which comes back with seemingly everything build against Qt4... But I
32 > don't know how to tell which ones qualify as a "plug-in"...
33 >
34 > Typically when I rebuild Qt4 I also rebuild kdelibs, PyQt4, and my
35 > themes... in my case that is gtk-engines-kde4, gtk-engines-qt, and all
36 > qtcurve packages. Seems to work for me.
39 After a little more research, it looks like Qt maintains its own
40 version-specific plug-in cache that lists the plugins and the build
41 keys in the ~/.config/Trolltech.conf file (which appears to be an
42 INI-style format). More info about accessing it via Qt here
43 http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qsettings.html