From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Easiest remote desktop for Windows client?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 22:04:08
1 What's the easiest way to get a remote desktop working for a Gentoo
2 server with a Windows 10 client machine?
3
4 A lot of sources recommend xrdb since Windows comes with a native RDP
5 client. But there is no ebuild for xrdb in portage -- though I found
6 one in an overlay.
7
8 VNC would probably be OK, but I'd need to install a VNC client on the
9 Windows end, and that may be problematic.
10
11 Does it matter that I don't run a "desktop environment"? I have a
12 pretty minimalistic setup using the openbox WM and a couple tint2
13 panels.
16 Grant