From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 05:15:41
1 On Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:56:01 AM CET Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I upgraded my system last night. I logged out and back in earlier and
5 > have noticed something new. It seems to only allow one instance of
6 > Dolphin to run at a time. I usually have three or four running for
7 > doing different things in different locations. It just makes it easier
8 > for me to multi-task at times. What I've noticed with the new version
9 > is that if I have a instance open on say desktop 7 and then want to open
10 > a new instance on desktop 4, it moves the already running dolphin from
11 > desktop 7 to 4. It doesn't open a new instance. I then lose where I am
12 > when I get ready to go back to work on something in the previous instance.
13 >
14 > Current version of Dolphin and USE flags:
15 >
16 > kde-apps/dolphin-19.08.0:5::gentoo USE="handbook -activities -debug
17 > -semantic-desktop -test"
18 >
19 > Previous version that worked normally:
20 >
21 > kde-apps/dolphin-19.04.3
22 >
23 > Has anyone else noticed this? I've looked in the Configure section to
24 > see if I can change the behavior but can't find anything related. I
25 > checked to see if I could add a option on the command line as well. I
26 > even poked around System Settings but can't find anything there either.
27 > Is this a new thing, a bug or what?
28 >
29 > Thanks for the help.
30 >
31 > Dale
32 >
34
35 Dale (and others),
36
37 I found the location where this setting is.
38 you need to go to "Configure Dolphin" (In my case, I had to add this to the
39 toolbar as I am missing the drop down menu).
40 Then in the "Startup" part, I see "Open new folders in tabs" ticked.
41 If you disable that, you get your folders back in new windows.
44 Joost