From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] way off-topic - is it possible to log webmail messages content in an enterprise network
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:10:54
1 On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Albert Hopkins wrote:
3 >> Doesn't Gmail support SSL? My email provider provides support for SSL
4 >> connections (via HTTP, LDAP, & POP).
5 >>
6 >> If that's the case then it would be extremely difficult (you will need
7 >> to "fake" the server's host keys). Furthermore, the ethics of such a
8 >> practice is questionable. For which case I would side on blocking
9 >> outside emails altogether rather than get into a situation where you
10 >> have to justify sniffing someone's personal bank transactions, e.g.
11 >>
12 >> -a
16 > gmail is only ssl on sign in if you go through webmail. After that it's
17 > all in the clear. POP and IMAP are running securely however (which is
18 > why I check my stuff via imap)
21 If you simply change the URL to https on gmail, you are using SSL.
22 The default is not to use it, so, you gotta type it yourself.
23
24 https://mail.google.com/mail
27 Daniel da Veiga