From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] way off-topic - is it possible to log webmail messages content in an enterprise network
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 16:01:20
1 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > Doesn't Gmail support SSL? My email provider provides support for SSL
3 > connections (via HTTP, LDAP, & POP).
4 >
5 > If that's the case then it would be extremely difficult (you will need
6 > to "fake" the server's host keys). Furthermore, the ethics of such a
7 > practice is questionable. For which case I would side on blocking
8 > outside emails altogether rather than get into a situation where you
9 > have to justify sniffing someone's personal bank transactions, e.g.
10 >
11 > -a
15 gmail is only ssl on sign in if you go through webmail. After that it's
16 all in the clear. POP and IMAP are running securely however (which is
17 why I check my stuff via imap)
20 Eric Martin
21 Key fingerprint = D1C4 086E DBB5 C18E 6FDA B215 6A25 7174 A941 3B9F