From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH question
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 03:51:08
1 On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM, David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > G'day,
3 >
4 > I've volunteered to do some data entry for my local bike club. This
5 > involves a java application (jar file) and a tunnel to a mysql
6 > server. I have detailed PuTTY configuration instructions but haven't
7 > yet succeeded in converting them to ssh options.
8 >
9 > The configuration options include:
10 >
11 > Seconds between keepalives -- 120
12 > Don't start a shell or command
13 > Forwarded port:
14 > source port number - PORT
15 > Destionation: MACHINE.DOMAIN.COM
16 > Host - IP_Address
17 > Login - userid
18 > Password - pw
19 >
20 > Using "ssh -N userid@IP_Address" gives me a password prompt and no
21 > command prompt - both good.
22 >
23 > How do I specify the forwarded port?
24
25 If I understand correctly, with -L:
26
27 ssh -L XX:machine2:YY user@machine1
28
29 This command will connect you to the "machine1" host with user "user",
30 and any connection to the port XX to the machine you are running the
31 ssh command from, will redirect the connection to the "machine2" host
32 in the YY port.
33
34 Regards.
35 --