From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Command line tool to crop PDF documents?
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 14:27:05
1 On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:21:26PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I'm looking for a command-line tool to crop a multi-page PDF document.
3 >
4 > I want to specify the crop window on the command line.
5 >
6 > I don't want it to automagically remove all of the marginal
7 > whitespace.
8 >
9 > I don't want GUI where I have to draw a box.
10
11 How about pdfcrop from app-text/texlive-core ? It allows you manually specify
12 many things, although it does, inevitably, increase the file size for documents
13 with many pages.
14
15 > Google has found various references to 'croppdf' which is included in
16 > a package of texlive extra utilities on Ubuntu. Gentoo seems have 38
17 > different 'texlive' ebuilds. Is there any way to tell which (if any)
18 > contains croppdf?
19
20 You can use the e-file command from app-portage/pfl to check which package in
21 Portage provides a specific file---including binaries. Emerge pfl and run
22 `e-file pdfcrop`.
26 Ashley Dixon
27 suugaku.co.uk
30 DA96 D18A