From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Command line tool to crop PDF documents?
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 14:49:37
1 On 2020-05-21, Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:21:26PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3
4 >> Google has found various references to 'croppdf' which is included
5 >> in a package of texlive extra utilities on Ubuntu. Gentoo seems
6 >> have 38 different 'texlive' ebuilds. Is there any way to tell
7 >> which (if any) contains croppdf?
8 >
9 > You can use the e-file command from app-portage/pfl to check which
10 > package in Portage provides a specific file---including binaries.
11 > Emerge pfl and run `e-file pdfcrop`.
12
13 Yep. It looks like pdfcrop from texlive-core will do what I want. It
14 would have helped if I hadn't trasmuted "pdfcrop" to "croppdf" when I
15 was searching for info!
16
17 I initially just trield downloading pdfcrop.pl and running it without
18 texlive installed, but it relies on texpdf.
21 Grant