From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is rc.conf no longer used by Gentoo (baselayout-1.12.13)?
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:21:00
1 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2
3 > I know it is just one line in the shell
4 > export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH
5 > but I don't know what file to put it in.
6 >
7 > It would be acceptable, but not preferable, if this was set for all
8 > users; the only requirement is that it is set for user gottlieb.
9
10 For all users: /etc/profile (if using bourne derived shells like bash)
11 or
12 /etc/profile.csh (for c shell derivatives)
13
14 For only your user: ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc or ~/.*rc
15 or whatever is used for your particular shell dialect.
16
17 HTH
18
19 Best regards