From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade of dhcpcd
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 13:29:19
1 cut
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Try switching Off both '-zeroconf -vram'.
5 > From the dhcpcd-3.2.3 elog:
6 > elog> * ZeroConf support enabled
7 > elog> * DUID support enabled
8 > elog> * You have installed dhcpcd with zeroconf support.
9 > elog> * This means that it will always obtain an IP address even if no
10 > elog> * DHCP server can be contacted, which will break any existing
11 > elog> * failover support you may have configured in your net
12 > configuration.
13 > elog> * This behaviour can be controlled with the -L flag.
14 > elog> * See the dhcpcd man page for more details.
15 > elog> * You have installed dhcpcd with DUID support.
16 > elog> * This means that we will generate a DUID in
17 > /var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.duid
18 > elog> * This is generated from a MAC address of the card and a
19 > timestamp.
20 > elog> * It will be used in every subsequent DHCP transaction, along
21 > with a IAID
22 > elog> * in the ClientID option. This is required by RFC 4361.
23 > elog> * Some DHCP server implementations require a MAC address only in
24 > the
25 > elog> * ClientID field. These DHCP servers should be updated to be RFC
26 > elog> * conformant. If you cannot do this, you can revert to the old
27 > elog> * behaviour by using the -I '' option OR building dhcpcd with the
28 > elog> * vram USE flag enabled.
29 > ...end...
30 > HTH. Rumen
31 >