From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cmake?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:40:16
1 On 2021-08-26 15:24+0100 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday, 26 August 2021 10:49:38 BST tastytea wrote:
4 >
5 > > You need to run cmake in the directory that has the top-level
6 > > CMakeLists.txt. Use cmake -S . -B build from the top-level
7 > > directory. This whill use . as source directory and build as build
8 > > directory. You will need kde-frameworks/extra-cmake-modules.¹
9 >
10 > Okay, I did that. It ran for much longer, and threw no errors, and
11 > once again it ended with 'Build files have been written to:
12 > /usr/local/src/kdfm-code/src'. Then:
13
14 Don't run cmake in src/, run it in the directory src is in.
15
16 > -- Could not set up the appstream test. appstreamcli is missing.
17
18 appstreamcli is in dev-libs/appstream.
19
20 > Have the build files been written or not? What do I do with them?
21
22 # This configures the build (checks for dependencies and so on)
23 cmake -S . -B build
24 # This compiles the sources
25 cmake --build build
26
27 The binary is in ./build/src/kdfm – you can install it globally with
28 sudo cmake --install build
29
30 Kind regards, tastytea
33 Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@××××××××.de` or at