From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Overclocked CPU killed motherboard and CD?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:06:45
1 On Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, Chris Brennan wrote:
2 > Overclocking when done properly, is very safe. There are TONS of sites
3 > out there to help with the research.
4
5 I know that sites. And a lot of ocing results in strange and hidden problems.
6
7 Add to that my hatred for people RMA'ing boards until they got a good
8 overclocker - thus increasing hardware prices for everybody.
11 > > no, oc'ing is always a bad idea. And for the young ones: some years ago,
12 > > overclocking klilled masses of P4 cpus thanks to electro migration.
13 > >
14 > > Don't oc. Its not worth the risks (silent data corruption, damage).
15 >
16 > Statements like this, bleed miseducation.
17
18 no, they don't. They are just the unpleasant truth.
19
20 >That being said, for example, OC'ing an AGP 4x card to 8X
21 > speeds, if you want it to work, you still have to have an 8x AGP
22 > Slot..
23
24 you don't know anything about AGP, do you?
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list