From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole issue
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 19:23:28
1 On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On 01/02/12 12:09, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > > On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 06:44:19 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
7 <snip>
10 > >>> Reading back through this thread I don't see whether Colleen tried my
11 > >> suggestion about a creating a new user. My thought was that some KDE
12 > >> config file somewhere got corrupted and a new user would not have that
13 > >> same issue.
17 > I did create a new user and it didn't help. I've tried every suggestion
18 > made in this thread to no avail. For example, I changed the group of
19 > /dev/pts to tty as others indicated that that was what it was supposed
20 > to be.
23 I just noticed that despite the fact that I changed the group of /dev/pts
24 to tty (I did this as root), it didn't stick - it reverted back to
25 colleen. So how do I fix this?
26
27 > >Regards,
28 >
29 > Colleen
30 >
31 > --
32 >
33 > Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter,
34 > http://counter.li.org