From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Few problems
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:46:03
1 On Sunday, 31 December 2006 23:02, Pavel Kouřil wrote:
2 > Raymond Lewis Rebbeck wrote:
3 > > On Sunday, 31 December 2006 22:21, Pavel Kouřil wrote:
4 > >> I have few problems with my gentoo. =//
5 > >> 1. After X & WM (I use KDE, in fluxbox it was same) my PC have insane
6 > >> CPU and RAM usage. Why? =// [2.0GHz AMD, 512MB RAM]
7 > >
8 > > Run 'top' to see which processes are causing this.
9 >
10 > In top isn't anything suspicious.
11
12 What is telling you that you have high cpu and ram usage?
15 > >> 2. How I can setup autostart in KDE? (i wanna run firefox etc.
16 > >> automaticaly)
17 > >
18 > > You can put scripts and symlinks in ~/.kde/Autostart/ to run whatever you
19 > > want on login.
20 >
21 > If it is shell script, with chmod a+x, it only opens in KWrite at the
22 > start. =/
23
24 I've only seen that happen when the script wasn't executable, double check
25 that you have given it +x permissions.
28 > >> And last problem, but this is more wine-related.
29 > >> I have big game freezes in Ragnarok Online (kRO version), and when i
30 > >> wanna run updater, it ever falls down.
31 > >
32 > > http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=928
33 > >
34 > > Have a look at this page on the wine website to see if there are any bug
35 > > reports or solutions relating to your problem:
36 >
37 > There isn't anything about it. It was firt place, where I searched for
38 > solutions.
39 >
40 > >> Thanks and Happy New Year Everbody.
43 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list