From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: star
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:09:56
1 · Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >> But I don't buy the "people that attack me is just jealous/trolling"
5 >> argument, sorry. Assuming good faith is always better. To tell "I'm
6 >> right and B is lying" is quite trollish too. To tell "I'm right, B
7 >
8 > If I was not informed about the background I may have thought in a similar way.
9 >
10 > But please tell me what you would do if you have been attacked in an unfair way?
11
12 If *YOU* are attacked, it's mostly not unfair. There's most certainly
13 some prior history. Most of the time, you attacked other people first.
14
15 > It is usual not to believe unproven claims, but why do so many people believe
16 > the unproven claims from Mr. Bloch?
17
18 Maybe, just maybe, it's because of how you are?
19
20 > The problem with all the attacks was that
21 > the people around Mr. Bloch spread vague unproven claims as usual in
22 > calumniation campaigns. When asked to prove their claims, they either started
23 > with new vague attacks or stopped answering.
24
25 *LOL*
26
27 You've got the nerve to say that? When you, Jörg, post to Usenet and
28 use Umlauts, your client neglects to add the necessary headers. You've
29 been asked more than once by numerous people to prove your claim, that
30 what you're doing is correct.
31
32 >> The problem, however, is that -being it your fault or not- that incident
33 >> somehow made hard for some people to rely on your tools. :(
34 >
35 > You cannot rely on the fork because it is full of bugs
36
37 Works good enough for me.
38
39 > that never have been
40 > in the original software and because no bugs are fixed since nearly 6 months.
41
42 Latest *RELEASE* was at 2007/05/06. Latest *RELEASE* of cdrecord
43 is dated 09.09.2004.
44
45 > You cannot rely on it because it has been initiated by people who attack free
46 > software.
47
48 You're talking about cdrecord?
49
50 Alexander Skwar
51 --
52 Death is a spirit leaving a body, sort of like a shell leaving the nut behind.
53 -- Erma Bombeck
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list