From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: php4 vs php5
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:41:15
1 kashani <kashani-list <at> badapple.net> writes:
4 > James wrote:
5 > > Calculating dependencies ...done!
6 > > [blocks B ] dev-php/mod_php (is blocking dev-lang/php-4.4.2)
7 > > [blocks B ] dev-php/php (is blocking dev-lang/php-4.4.2)
8 > > [ebuild N ] dev-lang/php-4.4.2
9 >
10 > dev-php is on it's way out and has not been updated in some time. You're
11 > likely vulnerable at this moment.
12
13 Um, I must not have been clear. JFFNMS is critical. It requires php4.
14 so upgrading to php5 is NOT an option, until the JFFNMS devs move
15 to php5.
16
17 All I need is to figure out how to get 'emerge -uDp world'
18 to quit asking to upgrade php.
19
20 I have many systems. Keeping one at php4 so I can run JFFNMS until
21 it is upgraded to php5, is not a problem on my network.
22
23 Ideas/syntax to get a gentoo server to quit asking to upgrade php
24 is what I need to know, not why I should upgrade to php5. I hope this
25 explains my questions more in detail, without offending anyone?
28 James
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list