From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] php4 vs php5
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 02:16:34
1 James wrote:
2 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
3 > [blocks B ] dev-php/mod_php (is blocking dev-lang/php-4.4.2)
4 > [blocks B ] dev-php/php (is blocking dev-lang/php-4.4.2)
5 > [ebuild N ] dev-lang/php-4.4.2
8 dev-php is on it's way out and has not been updated in some time. You're
9 likely vulnerable at this moment.
12 > So the question is what do I put in /etc/portage/? file to get
13 > the system to accept the older dev-php files and not try to install
14 > 'dev-lang/php' ?
15
16 You don't. You remove dev-php and install dev-lang/php when you have
17 some time to deal with change. I had no issues moving from dev-php to
18 dev-lang/php with 4.4.x and the whole thing took about 30 minutes.
19 Didn't even have downtime as Apache had the old module cached until I
20 stopped and started to pick up the new build.
21
22 However PHP USE flags have gotten a bit more complex. You'll want apache
23 (or apache2), cli for the php commandline binary, and session at minimum
24 plus anything else you might need.
25
26 kashani
27 --